Area Manager – Fargo, ND
Five Star Storage – Area Manager (3255 43rd St S – Fargo, ND – 58104)
Are you looking for a career that allows for self-gratification, provides flexibility, a different unique workday every day? If so, apply today to become a professional self-storage Area Manager with the region’s top self-storage operator. Five Star Storage is a North Dakota based, family owned, and multi-state operated self-storage company.
Five Star Storage is seeking a self-motivated individual who will enjoy the challenges and benefits of running a small business to fill the Area Manager position for their Fargo, ND self-storage rental facility and retail store.
The Area Manager carries many different responsibilities which requires a variety of skill sets. Responsibilities include; management of staff, oversight of all daily operations such as, opening and closing the office, properly answering customer phone calls, assisting walk-in customers, signing rental leases, selling merchandise, collecting and processing payments, performing collections on past due accounts, processing bank deposits, sending out notifications to customers, managing lien sales, selling tenant insurance, general office and clerical activities such as filing documents, performing general maintenance/cleaning throughout the rental office, facility grounds and rental units, provide exceptional customer service and other general day-to-day management, office/clerical operations. Performing site audits and being cognitive to items that may need attention at each location. The Area Manager works with Maintenance Manager to ensure facilities are in quality condition and continually trains staff for success.
- Must be comfortable in performing general maintenance and cleaning within the rental office, facility grounds and rental units.
- Must also be comfortable in assisting with snow removal efforts and operating snow removal equipment (if applicable) and a variety of tools.
- Must be able to work a minimum of 2 Saturdays per month.
- Must be comfortable working alone at times.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Management experience.
Skills / Attributes:
- Energetic & outgoing personality, must be a ‘people person’
- Self-motivated & eager to be successful
- Goal oriented
- Motivated to always continue learning and encourage others to learn, striving to get ‘better’ every day
- Instinctive desire to HELP customers with a positive, cheerful attitude
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Prior sales experience is a large plus!
- Work well with others in a team environment
- Make quick concise decisions
- Possess leadership skills and qualities
- The necessary sales skills to sell our self-storage, merchandise, tenant insurance, etc. (previous sales experience a plus)
- Follow direction from upper management
- Promptly and effectively analyze and solve problems
- Multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks
- An understanding of marketing techniques with a creative mind
- Moderate to high level of computer and typing skills with familiarity in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Effective time management skills
- Comfortable with basic hand & power tools and assist in performing minor to moderate manual labor tasks such as snow removal around the office and grounds, lawn care, cleaning/sweeping of vacated units & hallways, cleaning office space & restrooms, moderate lifting, etc.
- Must always have good hygiene and dress appropriately
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be comfortable managing others with a good attitude in stressful situations
- Comfortable with disciplinary actions to staff directly supervising
- Must set an example and lead with positivity and set the tone for each day
Five Star Storage has been in the management, development, and ownership of self-service storage facilities since 2004, with their roots in residential property management and development going back to the 1970’s. Five Star Storage, currently operates a total of 29 self-storage facilities located in Grand Forks, Fargo, Bismarck, and Dickinson, North Dakota. Along with St. Michael, Rogers and St. Paul and Duluth, Minnesota and Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The Five Star Storage corporate office in located Fargo, ND. Five Star’s growth plans include additional facilities in North Dakota, South Dakota, and Minnesota as well as other Midwest and eastern rocky mountain regions.
Five Star Storage is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $21.00 per hour
Supplemental Pay: Monthly Performance Bonus Plan
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift – 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Sunday: Closed
- Managers are expected to arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to opening.